CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
for the JASAL Forum at JALT2013, Kobe (October 25-28, 2013)
Self-access and the lifelong voyage of learning
Self-access learning can be a lifelong endeavour, starting at any age, and continuing far beyond graduation from an institution. This process is easily likened to a voyage, with learners going in different directions and progressing at different speeds depending on a variety of environmental factors. The self-access centre can be seen as a port, with learners coming to refuel with ideas, restock with learning materials, share stories of their adventures, and possibly chart out a new direction for the future. Feel free to interpret this year’s JALT theme in any way that is relevant to you and your context.
We invite submissions on areas including, but not limited to:
- SAC layout
- Managing and administrating SACs
- Learning program design
- Integrating self-access with curriculum
- Learner involvement in self-access
- Self-access learning communities
- Learning advising/counseling
- Assessment of self-access learning
- Evaluating SACs
- Research design
- Interaction and collaboration with colleagues and administrators
Continuing on the success of last year’s event, this year’s forum will consist of short presentations followed by a poster session and open forum discussion.
Proposals should include the following:
- Format (poster or presentation)
- Name(s) of presenter(s) and affiliation(s)
- JALT membership number of all presenters, (if applicable)
- 150-200 word abstract
- 75-word summary which clearly states your topic
- Equipment you will require
Please submit your proposal to jasalorgATgmail.com by Sun, April 14, 2013. Please note that while the JALT deadline for submissions is April 21, we need time to put together our proposal. If for some reason your presentation cannot be included in the JASAL Forum, we will notify you so you can submit your proposal to the JALT conference as an individual paper before the April 21 deadline.
Please understand that depending on the number and nature of proposals we receive, we may have to ask you to change from a presentation to a poster or vice versa.
For more information on the JALT 2013 conference, please visit: http://jalt.org/conference