The preliminary conference programme for JASAL2019 at Otemon Gakuin University is now available. Access it HERE or from the conference page, where you can find all sorts of other useful information. Please note that payment at the pre-registration/early rate ends on Fri., 1st November, and the last date to sign up for the pre-conference SAC tour is Fri., 8th November. The full handbook with abstracts will be published in the run up to the conference.
Just a reminder that to attend JASAL2019 at the discounted early rate, you need to pay by “furikomi” by November 1st. Payment by November 1st is also required to join the Saturday evening networking event, and order a Sunday bento.
Quite a few people have pre-registered but not paid yet, and there is just one week left!
The details on how to pay will have been emailed to you after pre-registering, and were also on the registration form. If you need help, please email us!
Important: All teachers of students who will attend the student conference on October 19th should submit their students’ names to their respective schools to notify them that these students are going to be outside the campus (学外届け). This way, they will be covered by their university’s insurance policy.
JASAL is happy to announce that we will offer a grant for undergraduate students and a Newcomer Grant for newcomers to the JASAL conference.
JASAL will offer:
- Student Grant: up to ¥30,000 each for 2 undergraduate student presenters at the main conference (not the student forum) whose return travel expenses (on public transportation) to reach JR Sojiji station total more than ￥3000. Students may present individually, as a pair, or with a teacher/learning adviser.
- Newcomer Grant: up to ¥20,000 for 1 non-undergraduate first-time attendee (no need to be a presenter) to JASAL, with no access to research budget or other funding whose return travel expenses (on public transportation) to reach JR Sojiji station total more than ￥3000.
- Recipients should submit an estimate of expenses (details will be given to selected persons later).
- Recipients will pay up front and be reimbursed in cash on the day.
- Recipients are asked to write and submit a report (approximately 1,000 words) on the conference.
- Recipients will need to confirm by a certain date, and register for the conference. If they fail to do so by the date specified, they will not be able to receive the grant and it will be offered to another candidate.
If you are eligible and would like to apply, please fill in this form by Aug 4th (the same date as submissions close).
If you have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
We are also looking for students to join the JASAL Student Conference 2019 on Saturday, Oct. 19, 2019 at Konan Women’s University, Kobe. If you are interested, please use this form.
Right now, you do not need a title or summary.
Hello! There are a few upcoming conferences which may be of interest to JASAL members.
Two other upcoming conferences involve the IALLT (International Association for Language Learning Technology). The IALLT Conference is June 19th-22nd, 2019 in Eugene, Oregon, USA. More information here.
The IALLT is also cohosting the FLEAT VII Conference with J-LET at Waseda University, Tokyo, from August 6th to 9th 2019. More information here.