Konan Women’s University, Kobe
Saturday, October 19, 2019 (10:00-17:30)
Students are the lifeblood of any language learning center. Are you actively involved in your center? Maybe as a frequent user, volunteer or staff member? Would you like the chance to meet students from other centers who are also working hard to make their learning center better, such as organizing events, projects, games, and displays? Are you looking for opportunities to use English? If so, please join us!
We will hold an event where active student users, volunteers, and student staff from different schools meet, share, discuss, and develop action plans! The JASAL Student Conference 2019 will be held on Saturday, October 19, 2019 at Konan Women’s University in Kobe.
JASAL Student Conference Schedule
The schedule and summaries of presentations are now available! You can access it here.
There will be students from 13 university campuses come and present about their space and the issues they have from students’ perspectives.
If you and or your school would like to join, please do the following:
- Show your interest to join this event HERE by July 31, 2019. You don’t need a title or summary yet. <NOW CLOSED>
- Prepare a 10 minute presentation on your Center. Please include the following in your presentation:About your school (size, student demographics)About your Center (space, goals, facilities, study resources, services, teachers/advisors/administrative staff)
- Who uses your Center
- About Student Staff/student volunteers (staff roles, etc.)
- Activities/projects/events you do as student staff/volunteers
- Issues or challenges you have as student staff/volunteers
- How you are currently addressing the challenges/issues you face
- Write a short summary of the presentation (100 words maximum). Have your teacher check, and send your summary to JASAL: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2019. <NOW CLOSED>
- Prepare your presentation by the Conference day, October 19. Save your presentation (PowerPoint) on a USB.
- Prepare a list of questions you would like to ask student staff/users/student volunteers from other schools. Bring the list on the conference day.
Who can apply?
Any students who are frequent users, volunteers or staff members at their language learning center (self-access learning center, language learning space). High school students and international students are also welcome. Teachers / Learning Advisers / SAC staff may also like to accompany their students.
What is the language we will use at the student conference?
The language of the conference is English. Students of Japanese nationality are warmly encouraged to use English only during their presentation.
Free of charge (participants have to pay their own transportation fee)
Lunch and snacks will be provided (by Konan Women’s University)
Deadline for Student Participants: July 31, 2019
Initial show of interest (show your interest HERE) by submitting this form. If you have a presentation summary (100 words maximum), please submit it at the same time. If not, the deadline for a presentation summary is September 15, 2019.
Please send a summary of your presentation (100 words maximum) to: email@example.com
Deadline for Registration (both teachers and students)
Please REGISTER HERE by September 30 if you’d like to get a free lunch. Registration after this date does not guarantee you a lunch.