We held our 5th Student Conference on Saturday, November 27, 2021. It was held online from 13:00-16:30. There were participants from 13 different universities:
- Benemérita Universidad Autónoma de Puebla (Mexico)
- Gifu Shotoku Gakuen University(岐阜正徳学園大学)
- Kanda University of International Studies (神田外語大学)
- Kobe Shoin Women’s University(神戸松蔭女子学院大学)
- Konan Women‘s University (甲南女子大学)
- Kyoto University of Foreign Studies (京都外国語大学)
- Musashi University (武蔵大学)
- Nanzan University (南山大学)
- Otemon Gakuin University (追手門学院大学)
- Reitaku University (麗澤大学)
- Toyo University (東洋大学)
- University of Guanajuato (Mexico)
- Wayo Women’s University (和洋女子大学)
The conference kicked off with some announcements and a warm-up activity. Then there were 11 presentations (with a strict time limit of ten minutes per presentation). Each set of three or four presentations was followed by a group chat activity in breakout rooms. Finally, there was a longer group share and discussion session in breakout rooms. The breakout room activities were led entirely by students, and carried out in English. Some teachers, administrative staff, and learning advisers observed the final group share sessions. The students then reported back to the whole group, and shared comments in the chat, along with social media details for their SACs.
The quality of the presentations was very high, and the feedback comments were overwhelmingly positive, with one participant describing the sessions as ‘mind blowing.’ Many students wrote that they felt inspired, and that the event was helpful and encouraging for international participation / collaboration.
Including observers, there were 45 people at the the conference in total. Thank you everyone for your participation, energy and focus.
See the full program here.